14 February 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day!

On the occasion of Saint Valentine’s Day, I’m offering a photo of a rose instead of a photo addendum to last Friday’s blog post. I gave this pink rose to my wife, Vicki, about ten Valentine’s Days ago.
 

The musical rose Warren presented
to Vicki one Valentine’s Day.

I always presented special-day gifts to Vicki in the morning, before we left for work and before she was sufficiently awake to be critical (not that she ever would be). As such, on the way home the evening before that memorable Valentine’s Day, I stopped at a market to buy flowers.

I dropped the long-stem red roses the moment I saw this one pink rose. I pushed the button and the music sounded--not sweet but classically romantic: the Trogg’s “Wild Thing.” I’d found the perfect gift!

Vicki loved it. Well, she said she did. It was pretty early.

P.S.

If you’ve forgotten the music, here it is: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qHX493bB3U

No comments:

Post a Comment